Portégé X30-E (4G)
Elite Performance. Ultralight PortabilityLearn more
Delay on the first key stroke on my Toshiba PX30t All in One computer
After the computer has been left idle for a few seconds, the first keystroke is either not registering or there is a delay for the character to appear. This occurs due to a setting on the computer that allows it to turn off the device to save power.
To disable this feature follow the below steps:
1. On the Start Tile menu, type Device Manager.
2. Select Settings
3. Click on Device Manager
4. Double left click on Human Interface Devices to expand the list
5. There will be 5 USB Input device drivers
6. Right click the first USB Input device and select properties
7. Select the Power management Tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
8. Repeat this for all 5 USB input devices which will disable this feature
9. Close all Windows once the above steps have been completed.