Satellite Pro C40-H
Mobility and Style at a remarkable priceLearn more
How do I setup my display on an external monitor?
An external analog monitor or HDMI monitor can be connected to the computer's external monitor port. In order to connect a monitor, follow the steps as detailed below:
1. Turn the computer's power off.
2. Connect the monitor cable to the external monitor port.
3. Turn the external monitor’s power on.
4. Turn the computer's power on.
When you turn on the power, the computer will automatically recognize the monitor and determine whether it is a color or monochrome device.
If you have problems on getting an image displayed on the correct monitor, you should use the FN + F5 hot key to change the display settings (if you then disconnect the external monitor before you turn the computer's power off, be sure to press FN + F5 hot key again to switch to the internal display).
To set your monitor to extended display
Windows 8.0 & Windows 8.1
1. For these units press the F4 button to activate the screen options
2. Continue to press the F4 button until you reach the Extend option and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
3. This will display the external monitor in extended mode.
1. With the monitor connected to the computer go to Control Panel. If not enabled; Select View By: Large Icons.
2. Double click on Display.
3. Click on adjust resolution.
You will receive this display:
4. Under Multiple displays select Extend these displays.
1. With the monitor connected; click on your Start Menu.
2. Select Control Panel.
3. Select Display.
4. Select Personalise.
5. Click on Monitor 2.
6. Select Extend the desktop onto this monitor.
Please note: On supported models the Fn+F5 hotkey function can also be used to change the display configuration to extended desktop mode. Once in extended desktop mode the Fn+F5 hotkey function can be used to switch the display devices between primary and secondary devices.