2.5" Mobile HDD 1TB 5400 rpm 9.5mm
Capacity, performance and reliability.Learn more
How do I change the Media Buttons on my computer?
Software built into the computer called TOSHIBA HWSetup allows you to configure your computer to suit your individual needs. You may use this to configure your Media Buttons by:
Switching off the buttons completely
Switching off the sound for the buttons
Switching off the illumination
Instructions on how to do this can be found below.
Please note: This only applies to Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
Turn off Media Buttons
1. Open the Start Menu; Click All Programs then select the TOSHIBA folder.
2. Click on the Utilities folder and select HWSetup.
3. On the TOSHIBA HWSetup window; select the Button Setting tab.
4. Under the heading Function Button select Disabled.
5. Select Ok to apply the settings.
Turn Off Media Button Sounds
1. In the TOSHIBA HWSetup window (see above on how to access this) under the heading Function Button Beep select Disabled.
2. Select Ok to apply the settings.
Please note: Media Buttons need to be turned on to make this change.
Turn off Illumination
1. In the TOSHIBA HWSetup window (see above on how to access this) select the Illumination tab.
2. Select Off under the heading Illumination LED.
3. Select Ok to apply the settings.