Toshiba Slim Port Replicator II
Get rid of cable clutterLearn more
I cannot make the Kaiser Bass USB TV Tuner work in Windows 7
You will be able to install only the TV Tuner driver manually and utilize Windows Media Centre to use the tuner. Instructions on how to do this are below.
1. If you have already attempted to install the CyberLink PowerCinema software please uninstall it by following these instructions:
• Open the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
• Select ‘Uninstall a Program’
• Locate the CyberLink PowerCinema software from the list, right click and select Uninstall/Change.
• Follow the prompts which appear on screen to complete the uninstallation.
2. Insert the USB TV tuner card into a USB port on the computer.
3. Now you will need to install the TV tuner driver as per the instructions below, either for the 32 bit system or the 64 bit system. (To determine whether you are using Windows 7 32 or 64 bit please open the Start Menu, right click on computer and select Properties. The version will be listed next to System Type.)
4. Follow the instructions in the FAQ How do I set up my TV tuner? to scan for TV stations which can be found here.
Windows 7 – 32 Bit
1. Insert the disk supplied in the box with the tuner.
2. The disk should run automatically. If so click Run setup.exe. If it does not run automatically open the Start menu; click on computer then double click on the DVD RW Drive (D:).
3. Follow the on screen prompts to select the language and click Next.
4. On the welcome screen click Next.
5. Select Custom and click Next.
6. On the Install Location screen click Next.
7. On the Select Features screen uncheck the boxes next to PCM 5.0 and SimHID then click Next.
8. The driver software will now install automatically however the warning message Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software may appear. If it does appear, select Install this driver software anyway. Please note it may take a few minutes for the installation to complete.
9. A message will appear stating that the installation is complete; from here click Finish.
10. Another screen will appear recommending you to restart; select Yes, I want to restart my computer now and click Finish. Wait for the machine to restart.
Windows 7 – 64 Bit
1. Go to http://kaiserbaas.helpserve.com/index.php
2. Select the following options before clicking Go:
• Product Type: TV Tuners
• Select Name: Single
• Select Model: KBA01001
• Support Type: Downloads
3. Click on the link for the Vista & Windows 7 64 bit driver.
4. Click the Download button. You will be prompted to either Open or Save. Click Save.
5. Once the download is complete click Open Folder. Right click x64_v184.108.40.206WHQL and select Extract All.
6. You will be prompted to select a destination. Delete the text which appears in the box and type the following: C:\KaiserBaas64
7. Click Extract.
8. Now open the Start menu and right click on Computer then click on Manage.
9. Click on Device Manager on the left hand column of the computer management window.
10. Locate the device labeled STK7700D under the heading Other Devices, right click it and select Update Driver Software.
11. A new window will appear. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
12. You will be prompted to select the location of the driver software. Delete the text that appears in the box and type the following: C:\KaiserBaas64. Ensure the box next to Include Subfolders is checked and click Next.
13. During installation, you may see a message Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software. If this appears select Install this driver software anyway. Please note it may take a few minutes for the installation to complete.
14. Once the installation is complete select Close and restart the machine.