What to do if your computer crashes
Follow this series of procedures to get things moving again if you have a crash. If one does not work, move on to the next until you’re able to start work again.
- Wait for a minute or two and see if your computer is simply busy with a task.
- If your computer still will not let you work, press ESC.
- Next, trying pressing Ctrl/Alt/Del once – or press the Windows Assist button on the notebook, select Task Manager followed by Applications, then select the program that is not responding and click End Task.
- If that does not work, press Ctrl/Alt/Del twice – this should restart your machine.
- If all else fails, hold the power button down for 5 seconds to turn the notebook off, then press the power button again to turn it back on.