A new name from the laptop experts
We are Dynabook. We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial new business, built on the foundations of our wonderful Toshiba heritage.
As an industry leader, Toshiba launched the world's first laptop computer – T1100 in 1985 and followed it up with the world's first notebook computer – the Dynabook J-3100 SS001 in 1989.
These two portable computing innovations allowed people to safely and securely work anywhere they wanted and defined today's mobile computing market. Ever since, Toshiba has always delivered award winning innovative products that integrate the latest technology and design, whilst delivering outstanding quality and reliability.
Sharp Corporation obtained 80.1% of Toshiba's computer business in October 2018 and as of April 1st 2019, this business has been known globally as 'Dynabook'. On August 4th 2020 Sharp Corporation acquired the remaining 19.9% of shares.
Our brand is more than a name or logo, it is the embodiment of our culture and our values. These remain consistent and strong in Dynabook Australia and New Zealand through our highly skilled and knowledgeable people, our award winning products, our obsession with quality, security, and innovation, and our emphasis on trust and building long standing partnerships.
The evolution of innovation
This infographic charts our progress over the last 30 years – from the world's first commercial laptop PC, to the world's thinnest and lightest hybrid laptop.
We're driven by the desire to make people happier and more efficient at work. And as we do so, the following values will be our guide.
Industry leading quality and reliability
Backed by industry leading service and support
Intelligently designed with smart features
Provides flexibility for customers (Built to order)
Offers the right technologies at the right time
Advanced computing to unlock new levels of business success
Our 4 pillars
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We care about our people and the experiences we create.
Our honesty, candour and flexibility creates trusting relationships with collaborators, resellers and customers.
We are continually striving to develop new technology with quality, reliability and security at its core.
We optimise every stage of our processes – from design, to testing, to customer support.
We've always been renowned for innovation. And now we're armed with new investment, we're ready to lead the development of workplace technology once again.
We listen to feedback from customers and internal teams to innovate at speed.
Our laptops are tested and re-tested to ensure they reach our customers in perfect condition.
Our in-house designers ensure our laptops are continuously developed and improved.
We pair state-of-the-art machines with skilled workers to produce our laptops.