29 September 2011
Sydney, AUSTRALIA - 29 September, 2011
- Packed with features that make it the perfect entertainment device, Toshiba’s ultra-portable 7” Tablet (AT1SO) will be available in Australia at the end of October 2011.
Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, coat pocket or handbag, the Toshiba Tablet (AT1S0) weighs-in at just 399g and will appeal to consumers who want entertainment-optimised features in a very portable size.
“The image quality is outstanding with a 1200x800 brilliant high definition (HD) screen bringing a rich viewing experience to any movie, photo or e-book,” Justin White, Toshiba Product Marketing Manager (Australia) Pty Ltd, said.
Powered by Android™ 3.2 and the NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 chip the Toshiba Tablet (AT1S0) delivers a dual-core processor for super-fast content viewing. Users can browse the web with Adobe® Flash™ support.
The Tablet also features built-in Micro USB and Micro HDMI® ports, as well as a Micro SD card slot, so users can easily syncronise and share their content and connect with other digital devices.
Also with two HD cameras, users can capture high-quality photos, video and stay in touch with friends via video chat.
Offering convenient Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® connectivity the Tablet keeps users connected whether they’re at home or away.
The Toshiba Tablet (AT1SO) also takes advantage of maps and location-based applications with integrated GPS so users can enjoy the full suite of popular Google™ Mobile Service applications and Android applications via the Android Market™.
“Combining its connectivity capabilities, premium audio and the latest Android™ experience, the Toshiba Tablet (AT1SO) is a great choice for on-the-go consumers looking for a no-compromise Tablet,” Mr White added.
Other features include:
• 8GB storage
• LED backlit AutoBrite™ multi-touch display
• 1280x800 resolution
• Toshiba’s exclusive Adaptive Display and Resolution+® video enhancement technologies
• Stereo speakers that deliver richer audio in music and movies with more natural sound and enhanced clarity
• Powered by Android™ 3.2 and the NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 processor
• Dual-core processor for fast performance for web browsing and multitasking
• NVIDIA GeForce® graphics for quality gaming
• Two HD cameras: a five megapixel camera with an LED flash on the back for capturing high-quality pictures and video on the go, plus a two megapixel camera on the front for video chatting
The Toshiba Tablet (AT1S0) will be available from leading Australian retailers for RRP $449 (inc GST) from the end of October, 2011. For more information visit http://www.mytoshiba.com.auAbout Toshiba
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning information & communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 204,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$68 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Phone: +61 02 8217 6506
Toshiba Australia (ISD)
Phone: +61 02 9887 8120